Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Quick Mantel Update

Hi all!  

Happy New Year!  I took an unintentional few weeks off when the Holidays arrived but I'm back!  We had a great Christmas with family and friends and a wonderful New Year celebration with friends from out of town.  Like several blogs I read today I feel refreshed in the new year and can't wait to get to work on several home projects.  

Jacob helped me take down all the Christmas decor yesterday and while the house always feels bare after it's all put away I also love the clutter free feel!  I need to work on our mantel and the first step was adding some height.  In typical fashion I shopped the house and back yard and this is what I came up with.  I'm still tweaking it and I need to figure out what I want to do to anchor it a bit.


I needed something to hold the sticks in place and found a toilet paper roll was perfect!  Winning!





Once I add to it and get it the way I want I'll be back with pictures!

Have a great day!

2 comments

previous next