Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dining Room Update

Hi all!

We finally got around to ordering and receiving the rug for our dining room.  I love it and it makes the room so much cozier.  It's amazing what 1 piece or addition to a room can do.  We still have a long way to go but I at least am not embarrassed of our dining room anymore!




Still on the To Do List are the following things:




I haven't had time to look for a centerpiece for the table yet but I don't mind the look of these Granny Smith's in a basket.  I feel like it is a nod to the country styling of the ladder back chairs and I like that it's simple and low as well as easy to remove when we have company.




Just for fun let's remember how far we have come.  Sadly our dining room sat like this for months and months....empty except for a few pieces of furniture:


And now the after:




Have you made any purchases lately that have made all the difference in a room?  I love it when that happens!

4 comments

  1. It looks gorgeous Emily - I just love it ( almost the way it is - looks so clean and crisp and minimal!!!)
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new rug! It adds so much color and warmth to the space.

    ReplyDelete

previous next