Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Spirit

Good morning!
I hope your week is turning out to be a nice one! I have a few surprises I'll be announcing in the upcoming weeks so stay tuned.

Can you believe it's already almost Christmas? I can't get over the fact it's December. Although don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. For a few reasons (see announcement coming soon) we aren't decorating for Christmas this year plus we will be home in Ohio leading up to and on the big day. Couple that with the fact we're in S Florida and up until yesterday it was in the 80's and it doesn't feel much like Christmas to me!

So, as I was thinking of things that put me in the Christmas spirit I thought I would share them with you all.

I had to include a Christmas tree even though we aren't getting one this year. This is our tree on Christmas morning last year.


Any kind of warm drink like a gingerbread latte or hot chocolate


Being an Ohioan at heart, snow reminds me of Christmas


Christmas music too, of course


Even though it can be hectic I enjoy Christmas shopping because it puts me in the holiday spirit

Every year but this year in particular we're enjoying holiday scents
(especially tree scents since we don't have our own)


I love making and eating Christmas cookies! It is a tradition in our house


Christmas lights always make me smile!


So what am I missing? What puts you in the Christmas spirit?

Have a great day!

Emily

2 comments

  1. The movie Home Alone puts me in the Christmas spirit! We are sort of thinking of not getting a Christmas tree this year, either. We won't be here on Christmas day, and perhaps this is Scrooge-ish, but I just don't feel like going out, buying one, putting it up and decorating it when we won't even be here to enjoy it. But I'll probably cave and put one up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I forgot about Christmas movies!

    ReplyDelete

previous next