Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Design Star

Good morning!
I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. We had a weekend full of BBQ's good friends and yesterday was a day of relaxing with Jacob. The perfect mix of being busy and having fun as well as taking a nap and hanging out with the hubby.

Well on Sunday night we had friends over and because it was raining we weren't watching fireworks but watching tv. My good friend introduced me to Design Star and I must say I'm hooked! I had heard about it but for some reason I just wasn't interested but after seeing one episode I can't remember why I didn't ever tune in!

Have you all been watching? Those of you not familiar here is a description taken from HGTV's website that explains what the show is all about probably better than I can (plus I'm tired and only 1 cup of coffee in so I'm taking the lazy way out).

Design Star features "12 competitive and creative finalists executing ingenious designs, as well as an illustrious judging panel of acclaimed interior designers, including Genevieve Gorder, Candice Olson and Vern Yip. The finalists, who include professional interior designers, contractors, stylists, architects and artists, must navigate innovative design challenges and dazzle the judges with creativity until one wins their own show on HGTV."

I thought that I would feature a few portfolio's of a few designers that I really love on the show.
One designer that I really like is Emily, despite having an awesome name and doing terrible on the first episode she is growing on me and her portfolio is pretty cool.





Another designer I really like is Dan. He is an independent contractor who specializes in interior and exterior design projects.





The final designer I'm going to feature is Michael. On the show I originally wasn't draw to him but after a few episodes and especially after checking out his portfolio...I'm hooked.




Anyone else watching Design Star? Please let me know who your favorites are! I can't be the only one that is addicted...right?! :)

Have a great Tuesday!

Emily

Post a Comment

previous next