Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Green Decor

Hello!

I hope everyone had a nice long weekend! We had a few days of relaxing at the beach and pool with my mother in law. It was really nice!

I thought today I would do a post about how to decorate with a specific color. I love green so I'll start there. Here are a few rooms with green decor:





There are several different ways to incorporate a color into a room. The first and most basic would be paint.
Another easy way that I like to change up the color scheme is throw pillows. They are inexpensive and if you can sew they're super easy to make.
I'm a big fan of hanging plates on the wall. If you can find a few plates you like they add dimension and interest to any room.

I love glassware.
Bedding, of course!
We have art like this in our bedroom. I actually painted a fern leaf and then stamped it onto paper and framed it, rather than buying already framed art.
And of course, plants are a great addition to any room even if your color scheme isn't green. It's becoming a lot easier to find fake plants that are realistic looking if you have a brown thumb.

What is your favorite color scheme?

Emily

Post a Comment

previous next